We leave Puerto Varas by car to get to Llanquihue, and from here we start to cylcing 32 km to Frutillar by a paved route at the shores of the lake, one of the most interesting cities of Llanquihue Lake’s basin. Its well-preserved German architecture and the city’s cultural movement, linked to classical music and the Teatro del Lago (Lake Teather) will welcomes us.
We will make a stop to have a snack and check the bikes to start riding as we follow the road on south direction 26 km to Puerto Octay, with great views of the lake and volcanos.
After the upward parts of the road and finally passing many agricultural farms with a strong German origin, a gentle descent takes us to the pictures from Puerto Octay town.
It´s going to be 58 kilometers in total, to finally arrive at our last stop of the day, to drink a beer and local cheese from Puerto Octay in front of the Llanquihue Lake
- Intensity: Medium. Disabled people can participate (depending on disability)
- Conditions: In case of carrying a bicycle for disability, they must carry it.
- Duration: 8 hours, pick up 9:00 a.m
- Includes: Private transportation, support vehicle, certified bilingual guides, box lunch (sandwich, fruit, cereal bar, mineral water without gas p.p) beer in a local restaurant, local cheese, snacks, cycling equipment (bicycle, helmet)
- Recommendations: Wear sportswear, windstopper jacket, U.V protection sunglasses, extra clothes
- Requirements: Being able to perform 4 hours of cycling.
- Minimum age 18 years
- Minimun 2 people.
- Languages: English, Spanish. Extra requested languages: French, German