Full day excursion
We will start our tour towards Pargua at 8.00 AM from your hotel. We will arrive at Pargua after heading south on a paved route for about one hour, followed by the passing of the oceanic canal via ferry. After 30 minutes on the ferry, we will arrive at the Island. During the journey we will be able to observe various types of seabirds, sea lions, dolphins occasionally. Once we arrive to Chacao, we will talk about the historical route of the 17th-century Jesuit churches and buildings. Upon continuing for another 40 minutes south, we will arrive to Ancud, one of the biggest cities on the Island. Later, we will continue to Puñihuil, a bay and islands sector where we will put our kayaking equipment on and start paddling for about two to three hours (depending on the wind) to near the islands where the penguin colonies are located where you can usually see two types of species: Magallanes Penguin and Humboldt Penguin. In this place we will learn about the different types of birds, it is usual to sight 4 types of cormorants, among other marine species. After the visit concludes, we will head towards the beach to enjoy a typical meal in a local restaurant. After lunch we will return to Ancud to head back to Puerto Varas around 7 PM.
- Intensity: Medium. Disabled people can participate ( depending on disability).
- Duration: 8-9 hours, pick up 8.00 a.m
- Includes: Private transportation, bilingual guides, kayak equipment, mineral water, snack
- Does not include lunch, as there will be time for lunch in a typical restaurant menu chosen by passengers
- Recommendations: Wear ideal sportswear, trekking shoes, U.V protection lenses
- Minimum age 0 years
- Minimun 2 people
- Languages: English, Spanish. Extra requested languages: French, German